prepare to serve others with our cacrep-accredited online counseling programs and curriculum and instruction program
known as a “public ivy” for its decades-long history of academic excellence, william & mary offers two online graduate programs from the 日本vs西班牙让球 that emphasize social justice and cultural responsiveness. students in our online curriculum and instruction and cacrep-accredited online counseling programs will become leaders in creating positive transformation one client, one student or one school at a time.
when you enroll in the online programs at william & mary 日本vs西班牙让球 , you receive attentive mentoring from our esteemed faculty, who will guide you through the innovative curriculum emphasizing your personal and professional growth. the well-rounded programs are designed to align theory and practice, preparing you for necessary licensing examinations and real-world application of core competencies and social justice principles.
develop counseling competencies in a collaborative, interactive environment
our cacrep-accredited online counseling programs prepare students to work in diverse counseling settings through integrated teaching methods and experiential learning opportunities, including supervised practicum courses and internships.
choose from these paths of study in william & mary’s online master of education (m.ed.) in counseling:
- clinical mental health counseling(cmhc) concentration
- military and veterans counselingspecialization within cmhc
- school counselingconcentration
find more information about the online m.ed. in counseling below.
help create a more equitable education system with anonline master of arts in education (m.a.ed.)oronline post-professional certificatein curriculum and instruction, even if you don’t have a teaching license. choose to specialize in one of three areas: esl, k-6 special education and 6-12 special education.
gain the tools to influence real change in classrooms and students' lives through an entirely online curriculum. additional endorsements are available with the addition of practicum courses.
cacrep accreditation recognizes our program’s value
our online m.ed. in counseling is one of only 75 online counseling degree programs accredited by the council for the accreditation of counseling and related educational programs, or cacrep.
this accreditation means that students may apply for federal student loans and that the program meets accepted professional education standards, preparing you for initial licensure.
cacrep’s mission is to promote excellence in the professional preparation of counselors and accreditation assures students that the program is stable, professionally and financially, and includes appropriate knowledge and skill areas.
counseling program summary
- 60 credit hours
- 7.5-week “minimesters”
- 3 program starts per year
- complete in as few as three years
- online courses
- two 3-day on-campus residencies
- supervised practicum and internship
fill a fast-growing need when you become a counselor
william & mary’s cacrep-accredited online counseling programs prepare you to serve the rapidly growing demand in this dynamic and meaningful career field.
the bureau of labor statistics (bls) predicts average job growth in all fields of 7.7% through the end of the decade and said: “healthcare occupations and those associated with healthcare (including mental health) account for 7 of the 30 fastest-growing occupations from 2020 to 2030.”2
substance abuse, behavioral disorder, and mental health counselor jobs will grow 23% by 2030. rehabilitation counselors will see 10% growth in job opportunities for the decade, and school and career counselors and advisors' job opportunities will see 11% growth.3,4,5
the counseling field offers geographic flexibility in addition to the projected growth in the number of jobs. become a counselor and you can find work just about anywhere.
is a counseling career right for you?
the path to becoming a counselor is not an easy one, given all the educational and practice requirements for initial licensing. counselors usually don’t get rich doing the work, but they can earn a good living. what would make counseling a good career choice for you?
most counselors are more interested in people than money, and they find personal satisfaction in helping others overcome adversity and thrive.
some people go into the field because they want to help overcome systemic challenges like poverty and oppression. some people become counselors because they enjoy connecting with others; some like to help young people succeed. others become counselors because they want to repay the service of armed forces veterans or pay forward the help they received when they were struggling.
if you are motivated by any of these reasons, the master’s in counseling can be very worthwhile. learn more about theclients and work settingsfor different counseling degrees.
william & mary is renowned for excellence
explore our online counseling degrees
why earn your master’s in counseling online from william & mary?
- you will graduate prepared with the knowledge, compassion and objectivity you need to become aneffective licensed counselor
- the curriculum is rooted in innovation and directed by highlyengaged and experienced faculty leaders
- our engagingonline experienceemphasizes social justice and cultural responsiveness as part of your professional development
- you can join the tight-knit community of bold and principled alumni from a renowned “public ivy” institution
- you can tailor the program to your professional and personal goals
learn more about william & mary’s cacrep-accredited online counseling programs
keep up with the latest information
- retrieved on april 14, 2022, from cacrep.org/about-cacrep/
- retrieved on april 14, 2022, from www.bls.gov/news.release/pdf/ecopro.pdf
- retrieved on april 14, 2022, from www.bls.gov/ooh/community-and-social-service/substance-abuse-behavioral-disorder-and-mental-health-counselors.htm#tab-1
- retrieved on april 14, 2022, from www.bls.gov/ooh/community-and-social-service/rehabilitation-counselors.htm#tab-1
- retrieved on april 14, 2022, from www.bls.gov/ooh/community-and-social-service/school-and-career-counselors.htm
- retrieved on april 14, 2022, from counselingdegreeguide.org/degrees/online-mental-health-counseling
- retrieved on april 14, 2022, from princetonreview.com/college-rankings?rankings=top-20-best-schools-for-making-an-impact-public-schools
- retrieved on april 14, 2022, from collegefactual.com/colleges/college-of-william-and-mary/academic-life/academic-majors/education/student-counseling/
- retrieved on april 14, 2022, from www.princetonreview.com/college-rankings?rankings=top-50-best-value-colleges-public-schools
- retrieved on september 30, 2018, from www.princetonreview.com/college/william---mary-1022846#!卡塔尔世界杯预选赛2022赛程
- retrieved on april 14, 2022, from usnews.com/education/online-education/college-of-william-and-mary-oedu0155/education